In collaboration with SAND Magazine, Supernormal is excited to present our second Open Call. Technology is mostly linked to social surveillance, artificial intelligence and more importantly, a companion to modern artists. How does technology provide one with more freedom to pursue and create art? We are interested in different ways in which artists engage with technology. Can technology be misused, and how so? And how are artists engaging with technology from a conceptual point of view?
Applicants are welcome to submit any work in relevance to the theme. Selected artists will be featured on SAND Magazine*.
Open Call #2 is a group show and between 2 – 5 artists will be selected for the exhibition. This exhibition will be held in conjunction with SAND Magazine’s official launch.
About the Open Call
The Open Call series is a platform for artists and designers to showcase experimental works across all mediums. The aim of the Open Call is to provide a free platform for anyone who wants to find a space to express their artistic visions. The Open call accepts proposals from anyone working in the disciplines of visual arts, design, music, literature, performing arts and wherever you might find yourself at. Priority will be given to experimental works, young/emerging artists, new collaborations and new media works. The selected proposal will get to use our space for a week (+/-), subject to programming schedules. There will be no guaranteed monetary support. It should be assumed that there is none.
All submissions should be sent to opencall [at] supernormal.sg by 2 March 2018.
Submission format :
– Pdf uploaded on google drive, dropbox.
– Videos should be uploaded to vimeo or youtube
– There is no fixed format for the proposal, but it should clearly articulate what you hope to show.
About the Exhibition
– 2 week exhibition
– No production and artist fees
– Artists will be responsible for the installation, transportation and teardown of works
– Features on SAND Magazine’s online and social media platforms, with a possibility of being featured on their magazine